Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chapter 15 - SUNDAY DRIVE

We were up early today.  I am getting pretty good at telling the time by the light.  It must have been 5:30 when I woke, but Sunday or not, I don’t get up that early unless it’s an emergency.  I turned over, looked at the window, and estimated the time within ten minutes. 
After my shower, I played on the computer for a few minutes.  I like to do that because it gives my mind something to do and also because it seems to slow the tremor in my right hand.  Mel was up and out with Gigi.  When she returned, she said she had been up around one am. This new dog food must be more bulk than the other, and Gigi has had some trouble with it.  I think we had better go back to the Vet food.  It must be a better quality.
I was still loafing around and Mel said it was time to get our duds on for church
We had an uneventful time getting to the chapel this time.  After the service, the branch president asked us to come into his office.  He brought in the missionaries who were fluent in both Spanish and English.  He ended up asking Melaney if she would like to teach adult Sunday School to people who speak English.  She agreed to that.  They put both our names on his Calendar with the name if our previous ward.  He asked about our membership numbers, and we asked if that was the number on our Temple Recommend, and when he agreed, we told him that we hadn’t  brought them, but would bring them next week.  Before we left his office, I mentioned that I could help with the music, as I played the piano.  That was a bonus for him.  We sang acapello this week.  He seemed pleased that I could help.
On the way out of the office, I mused at the fact that we were both given jobs and we aren’t even official members.
You may wonder what all this has to do with a Sunday Drive.  Well, on the way home, we took a wrong turn and were well on our way to San Jose.  We didn’t want to go there.  We hadn’t had breakfast, and were both hungry.  We passed a lot of things that we recalled seeing before, but we have travelled the majority of the roads in Costa Rica now.  We are just not sure how to skip from one to another.  We got turned back around, drove into Grecia again, got our bearings, and left by the correct route.  It wasn’t long before we saw the two rows of Royal Palms.  One set is on the right side of the road, and one on the left.  I always regain my confidence when I see the palm trees.
Before long, we arrived at the gate to the orchard, and could hear Gigi barking from the car.  When we got home, I made French toast, and after that meal, we both felt better. Linda got on Skype and we had a nice chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment